Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Open Love Letter

To
He who never came,

I don’t know if you can hear me. 

Perhaps am not loud enough, or clear.
I am still waiting...not too far, quite near.

Every knock on the door
Sends my heart beating
A crazy rhythm of its own...

I dream of the peace that your arms would bring
And the love that in your eyes I shall see.
With you, my love, I will finally be free.

Have you met me yet? 
Are you around?

Or did something happen to you...
Maybe you don’t want to be found.

Are you hurt and scared to love again?
From all emotions, do you refrain?

Maybe you have met me and not found me worthy.
Maybe...just maybe... you simply never came.

Your side of the bed will be empty forever...
I will puff a pillow each night for you.

I will come back to an empty house,
Light up those yellow lights you love so much, I know 
And I would call it home. 
I will make space for you on the bean bag beside me 
And talk about the random things that no one gets but us.

The silence is deafening.
The thought of you not being there 
Is not a future I can live in.
I can’t breath. 
The vast emptiness pulls me into an abyss... and I am scared. 
I am scared to let go of the thought of you.

I hope you are well. 
I hope you are happy wherever you are.
Maybe you have already found Love and it’s not me.
Or maybe... just maybe... you are waiting still.

Maybe you light up the yellow lights and talk about all the random things no one understands but us.
Maybe you too make space for me. 
Maybe I am home to you.
You tell me your dreams and your fears.
Maybe you are looking forward to the day we meet
And that day you will be, in the truest possible way, complete.

Do you fear not meeting me?
Do you wonder if I am there?

Have you given up already...
I don’t want to know, I wouldn’t dare.

Maybe you are gone already.
That, I would perhaps never know.

As fortune would have it,
Maybe we are never to meet, but
I was destined to be forever yours.

Come, find me.
Please.

From
She who kept waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0.0001 Billion Reasons Why

Social media is utter madness! It is a treacherous and deceitful world of lies and pretence. One can easily feel trapped amidst the likes...