Saturday, June 8, 2019

Erosion

Yeah, I had it all.
In bits and pieces.
All of you and all of me.
I found us, like sands on a beach.
Swept in by the sea and the winds.

I remember the last time someone sent me flowers.
A bunch of red roses on a Saturday morning.
The flowers wilted... I scattered them around my heart.
In bits and pieces.

I found a yellow rose between the pages of my diary...
The one I used to write in before I took up writing on social platforms.
The rose brought back memories of you, of us...
In bits and pieces.

I followed a page on Insta last week.
That of this insanely adorable Labrador pup.
Reminded me of your promise to get me one of my own.
Broken promises lay now, in bits and pieces.

I met You on a summer evening in April.
I met You, at midnight, in the parking lot, in October.
I met You at a beautiful monsoon twilight in July.
I met You again in April around the same time.

I met You, in bits and pieces.
Each time a different You.
Each time a part of You.

Bits and pieces of You, I picked up and made a whole.
Bits and pieces of myself, I gathered up and stored.
Bits and pieces, are all that’s left of me and You.
In bits and pieces lay our story untold.

I see You in my dreams.
The bits and pieces seem to come together.
I look in wonderment at the most amazing whole You make.
I nurse the hole in my soul.
The waves crash against the rocky shore...
Bits and pieces of me, they erode.

Your dreams keep me alive.
In these fragments of broken forevers,
I shall grow old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0.0001 Billion Reasons Why

Social media is utter madness! It is a treacherous and deceitful world of lies and pretence. One can easily feel trapped amidst the likes...