Saturday, August 8, 2009

first steps first...


human beings have a tendency of being inspired... the source of inspiration may vary but the desire to be inspired is common to all....
the source from which i derive my inspiration is my school...Loreto Day School, Bowbazar....Kolkata-12...
situated right in the centre of the city...with College Street running alongside it...its the most beautiful place on earth for me...
the hustle bustle in the busy central streets...the hand-pulled rickshaws...uniformed students carrying heavy bags....the regular prayers at Firingi Kalibari...the metro...the book stores offering the widest range of books...and last but not the least...my favourite Coffee House....
6.30am...mom would make sure i was up and getting ready for school...7.20am...my grandma would open the main gate and keep watch...thanks to her i never missed my school-bus...not even once!! 7.45am...i'll be sitting beside my best friend...off to start a new day at school...

whatever i am today is all 'cause of my Alma mater...my school. I'm proud to bear "Loreto's flag in the sunny days of youth"..."high ideals of purity, of duty and of truth..." that my school gave me transformed me from a shy little girl to a confident young lady...ready to face the challenges of the world.
i was a totally different person upto class 6...extremely shy...timid...scared of everyone and everything...
but January 24th 2001 saw the biggest transformation in me! it was during the Investiture ceremony...when the school council members for that academic year took their oaths...i promised myself....i vowed to be a part of the council...and i promised to change myself...i promised to turn my dream into reality...!!
that shy girl....who used to hesitate before uttering a single word...became the most talkative person in school...so much so that teachers decided to appoint her class monitor...from class monitor to house vice captain...then house captain...then school captain...
i still remember the day i was selected council member from Red House(St. Teresa)...the best day of my life...and the days that followed were the most precious days ever!!
the last two years were no less eventful...it was during this time that i learnt what the real world was like...a small glimpse into the System structure made me realise the greatest flaws in our world...in our lives...it was during this time that i became disillusioned...disheartened...n disturbed...

but the friendship and love around me woke me up from my nightmares and brought me back into my world...and taught me to live again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

0.0001 Billion Reasons Why

Social media is utter madness! It is a treacherous and deceitful world of lies and pretence. One can easily feel trapped amidst the likes...