Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Euphonic ' 09...the anticipation

yayy...!! BCET (college) fest, Euphonic '09, is just around the corner...
and the entire college is busy gearing up for it....from script writing to dance rehearsals...from silly quibbles to serious meetings...there's anticipation and excitement all around...people have already started planning their "fest special looks"...new dresses are being bought...props for the shows are being arranged for...everyone is busy...the campus is rocking with the sound of music...both surela and besura...coming from the auditorium where auditions for the fest are being held....
in short its fun time at BCET....!!
and the icing on the cake is that this year the fest is being held on two consecutive days right after the Foundation Day of our college...which means we'll get to enjoy three days of revelry instead of two...yeppiee!! no classes for three whole days....!!!!
backstage stuff is always fun...since i'm not performing this year i decided to enjoy the backstage stuff by making a trip to the rehearsal venue...little did i know how nostalgic it would make me...
actually...watching these rehearsals...made me kinda miss the Stage...........
i still remember my very first stage performance. i'd been pestering mom to let me go up on stage...when mom finally let me i got super scared and ran back into her arms...i was 4 then...it was the one and only time that i'd been afraid or nervous on stage...
the Stage is my life...its my love...my dream...i cannot image life without it...
people who know me well say that whenever i talk about the Stage there is a strange smile on my face...a smile that my friends generally associate with that of being in love...
yes...i love the Stage...it was definitely love at first sight...
i miss being on stage...i miss being in command of my emotions...i miss those plays i've acted in...those songs i've sung...the music i've danced to...those recitations...elocutions...the extempores...the speeches...the.....................i miss it all....i miss being myself....
anyway...enough of nostalgia for a day...i'll end my post here...i have a long day ahead of me...shall try to take some time out and visit the rehearsal venue again today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

0.0001 Billion Reasons Why

Social media is utter madness! It is a treacherous and deceitful world of lies and pretence. One can easily feel trapped amidst the likes...