Monday, February 17, 2014

Silence Knocked on My Door

I pulled the blinds open...ever so slightly...
There you were...
The moment I'd heard the knock, I knew it was you.

It was snowing outside...it had been snowing since the night before...
someone had cleared the road though...
The beautiful glowing moonlight danced on the wet street outside...
and I stood there looking at you through the blinds...prettier than the moonlight,
you were here...outside my door.
I had it all planned...
It was going to be our best evening together...
I had the table ready...
candles...flowers...dinner...music...
yes, just the way you could have ever wanted our evening together to be.
It was my love for you...
perhaps I was desparate to make you happy...
or maybe all I wanted was to be with you forever...your hand in mine...our fingers intertwined...
or...perhaps...it was because...I just wanted you back.

The candles had melted away into darkness...
The flowers lay wilted on the floor...
The dinner, long forgotten, lay somewhere, cold...
Yet...the music still played...
It played from somewhere far...
I could hear our laughter...could feel the warmth of your touch...

I stood there by the window...blinds pulled open ever so slightly...
The moon was brilliant tonight...
The pitch black night was silent outside...
And Silence had knocked on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0.0001 Billion Reasons Why

Social media is utter madness! It is a treacherous and deceitful world of lies and pretence. One can easily feel trapped amidst the likes...